Diversity & Inclusion
Thursday 2nd February is Time to Talk Day. Time to Talk Day is organised by Mind and Rethink Mental Illness in England, in partnership with Co-op. The purpose of the day is to create support networks and communities by having conversations with family, friends and colleagues about mental health. Time to Talk Day is the nation’s biggest mental health conversation.
BREW MONDAY Brew Monday is on Monday, 16 January 2023. It’s a day to check in on people, have a conversation and listen over a cup of tea or coffee. The Samaritans are reminding everyone to reach out on Monday 16 January 2023 for a cup of tea and a catch up with the people you
Our D & I Mission Statement
BRINGING THE DONCASTER LEGAL COMMUNITY TOGETHER
BRINGING DONCASTER TOGETHER
The DDLS is committed to encouraging equality, diversity and inclusion among our law firms in the Doncaster legal community to create an empowering culture for our members that puts wellbeing first.
The aim for our local law society is to be truly representative of all sections of society and our law firms, and for each of our members to feel respected and able to give their best.
The DDLS commits to:
- Encourage equality, diversity and inclusion for our members.
- We want to create an empowering culture for our members to create an inclusive law society that puts wellbeing first.
- We want to continue to connect our members, be active, take notice and keep learning.
- To provide information, advice and support and to promote equality for all members of the legal professions.
- To inspire and nourish the legal community that we serve.
- We recognise that our members are individuals with unique goals and passions.
- We strive to serve our members to provide a local law society which gives every member the chance to achieve their potential, free from prejudice and discrimination.
- We celebrate diversity and we are committed to creating an inclusive environment.
- We will listen and learn.
- We want to create a law society free of bullying, harassment, victimisation and unlawful discrimination, promoting dignity and respect for all, and where individual differences and the contributions of all are recognised and valued.